The coveted Milwaukee Show (Oct 3) shines with 9 of 12 films having UWM Film connections.
- Faculty member and playwright Anne Basting's feature film PENELOPE will be shown several times; two alums, Kayleigh Atkinson and Nicole Docta, have Assoc. Producer credits
- Current student Sharan Mohanadoss' film STRINGS OF COLORS is being shown with feature doc, SIGN PAINTERS, that was co-directed by an alum, Sam Macon
- Alums Kurt Raether and Wes Tank film DEMIGODZ (OF THE LAW) will run before a feature.
- Alum and faculty member Kate Balsley's new film, THE CUCARANCHULA, is being shown before a feature.
- Graduate student Laimir Fano's WAITING FOR BERTA is being shown before the feature, WHEN THE KING TILTS, on which alum Quinn Hester DP'd.
- Three movies from the after school program run by Interim Associate Dean Kim Cosier - the Milwaukee Visionaries Project - were juried into the Youth Show. The kids directed, acted, animated, composed soundtracks and edited SPIDER DOG, directed by Gabriella Avila, Alexia Justo; FLOWERS IN BLOOM, directed by Alejandra Salinas; and IN THE MIND, directed by Brian Mercado.
- UWM Film is a community partner for the films, UPSTREAM COLOR and 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
- Milwaukee LGBT Film/Video Festival is a partner on LAURENCE ANYWAYS, VALENTIN ROAD, GOD LOVES UGANDA and BAYOU MAHARAJAH
- doc|UWM is a Community Partner
- UWM FIlm Production Club is partnering with the Festival on the Sundance ShortsLab on Saturday, October 5th 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Scheduled Speakers: David Lowery, Ry Russo-Young, Mike Plante.