MILWAUKEE (February 26, 2010) — The Peck School of the Arts is proud to present a recital by acclaimed pianist Margaret Fingerhut on Friday, March 12th at 7:30 p.m. at the Peck School of the Arts Recital Hall. Admission to the event is free.Margaret Fingerhut is regarded as one of the most poetic pianists of her generation who has captivated audiences in many different countries with her imaginatively designed recital programs, “A World of Piano Themes.” In these programs she explores the highways and byways of the piano repertoire, personally introducing the music to the audience from the keyboard. As a concerto soloist Fingerhut has appeared with the London Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Philharmonic, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and the London Mozart Players. She is often heard on BBC Radio 3 and Classic FM and many radio stations worldwide.
Margaret Fingerhut’s March 12th recital will include:• Dumka (Tchaikovsky, 1840-1893)
• Farewell to Hirta (Francis Pott, b. 1957)
• Five Preludes (Kenneth Leighton, 1929-1988)
• Mazurka in C sharp minor, Op.50 No.3 (Chopin, 1810-1849)
• Polonaise in F sharp minor, Op.44 (Chopin, 1810-1849)
• Cordoba (Albeniz, 1860-1909)
• Seguidillas (Albeniz, 1860-1909)
• The Island Spell (John Ireland, 1879-1962)
• Three London Pieces (John Ireland, 1879-1962)
• Danzas Argentinas (Ginastera, 1916-1983)
Ticket and Parking Information
Admission to the event is free. On concert day, parking is available in the UWM Union Parking Garage, 2200 E.Kenwood Blvd. The Peck School of the Arts Recital Hall is located on the UW-Milwaukee campus at 2400 E.Kenwood Blvd, directly east of the Mainstage Theatre Building.
For further information:
Ellen Friebert Schupper, (414) 229-6771